Maxel Hybrid Star Drag Retrieve Reels are the future of star drag reels! They are constructed of aluminum and weigh just 13 oz while delivering 28 lbs of fish stopping power with its top of the line carbon drag system.
The Maxel Hybrid's most striking feature is its thumb bar design that allows you to easily engage the reel. This is not something you normally see on this powerful of a reel, and anglers love thumb bars! With stainless steel gears, seven shielded stainless steel ball bearings and a clutch bearing instant anti-reverse, the Maxel Hybrid Star Drag Reel is corrosion resistant and won't fail under pressure.
Click HERE to see these Maxel reels in action!
- Precisely Adjustable Star Drag Max 28 lb.Force
- Light, Small, and Powerful
- Positive Thumb Bar Free Spool with Auto Engagement
- Click Detent Ergonomic Drag Star Won't Drift
- Super Strong, Cold Forged Aluminum Spool
- Powerful Carbon Drag Delivers Wide Range and Smooth Performance, Even When Wet
- Powerful, High Precision, Heat Treated Stainless Steel Gears
- Precision Machined, Rigid, One Piece Tempered Aluminum Frame
- Clutch Bearing Instant Anti-Reverse
- Seven Super Precise Shielded Stainless Steel Ball Bearings
- Recessed Stainless Steel Reel Seat Sits Low on Rod
|Model #||Max Drag||Weight (oz.)||Ratio||Retrieve (Inch)||Ball Bearings||Braid Capacity||Color|
|HY20-SG||28#||12.7||5:2||31||7 + 1||276 yds @ 30#||Silver Gunmetal|
|HY25-SG||28#||13||5:5||31||7 + 1||331 yds @ 30#||Silver Gunmetal|
|HY20-BG||28#||12.7||5:1||31||7 + 1||275 yds @ 30#||Black Gunmetal|
|HY25-BG||28#||13||5:4||31||7 + 1||330 yds @ 30#||Black Gunmetal|